Waiver & Terms of Participation
RELEASE OF LIABILITY — READ BEFORE AGREEING As the parent or legal guardian of the minor in my charge listed in the registration form, with all authority required to release New Flight Enterprises, LLC, the Cure Insurance Arena, and their respective owners, managers, employee, successors, assignees, service providers, and people engaged in support of the so-called Run Jump Flight competition for which the minor is registering (collectively, the “Releasees”), in consideration of the minor being allowed to participate in any way in the competition, its related events and activities, I, on my own behalf and on behalf of the minor and any other parties with an interest, acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that:
- The risk of injury from the activities involved in this competition is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular skills, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
- I, on my own behalf and on behalf of the minor and any other parties with an interest KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for the minor’s participation; and,
- I shall cause the minor to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. I will counsel the minor, however, that if the minor observes any recognizable unusual significant hazard during the minor’s presence or participation, that the minor will remove himself or herself from participation and bring such to the attention immediately of the closest adult; and,
- I, on my own behalf and on behalf of the minor and any other parties with an interest and on behalf of the foregoing, and their respective heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASEES and other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, and advertisers (the “Released Group”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property associated with presence or participation of the minor, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- I have informed the minor of the terms of this release and the minor has demonstrated to me that he or she understands the meaning of this release and agrees to its terms.
- Accordingly, I, as parent/guardian with legal responsibility for this participant, do consent and agree to his/her release as provided above of all the Released Group, and, for myself, my child and our heirs, assigns, and next of kin, I release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Group from any and all liabilities incident to the minor’s involvement or participation in the competition as provided above, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASED GROUP, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP, ON MY OWN BEHALF AND ON BEHALF OF THE MINOR, SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.